Juried and Judged Showcase Art Quilt exhibition for members of Queensland Quilters Inc
Exhibition Venues: To be advised
Curator: Fiona Jackson Ph: 0414 449 047 [email protected]
Entry Coordinator: Julie Tasker Ph: 0415 812 828 [email protected]
CONDITIONS of ENTRY
- 2QAQ defines an art quilt as a fibre or mixed media piece of 2 layers or more held together in some way. The finished piece needs to be identifiable as a quilt.
- Entry is open to financial members of Queensland Quilters Inc.
- Only quilts completed after January 2018 are eligible.
- Any topic, any technique.
- Quilts must not have been exhibited previously in a Queensland Quilters Inc quilt show.
- Quilts must be the original design and sole work of the person whose name appears on the entry form and not a product of a workshop or other instructional setting in which other artists have provided guidance or assistance.
- Cost of each entry is $15 – maximum of 3 entries.
- Online Entries – www.qldquilters.com/
- Payment is required with the online entry form. Payment may be made to Queensland Quilters Inc. by direct deposit (Bank Details – BSB: 034 002 A/c No: 768617)
- After the exhibition has been selected by the Juror, two Judges will award three
prizes. Prizes to be announced once sponsorship has been finalised.
- Delivery and return instructions to be advised.
- Size: Quilt may be of any shape, but the total outside measurement may not be less than 200cm or exceed 600 cm. Multi-panel pieces are acceptable and regarded as one work but must comply with dimensions specified and be securely attached to each other for hanging.
- Each piece must be sturdy enough to travel without special requirements. Pieces that have significant 3-dimensional features, embellishments that extend more than 2cm out from the face layer, require special hanging apparatus or are delicate or require special handling will not be selected. Please note that quilts may be folded for transportation purposes.
- Quilts must have a secure label attached with the title, makers name, address and contact phone number.
- Quilts must have a 10cm deep hanging sleeve securely attached to the back. The sleeve must be at least 4cm short of each edge.
- Queensland Quilters Inc reserve the right to photograph and make images for purposes as it sees fit.
- Insurance, if desired, is the responsibility of the entrant.
- Queensland Quilters Inc is not liable for any damage or loss of exhibition items however such loss or damage is caused, including any negligent act or omission, fault or cause.
- Work may be for sale. The work must be available for all exhibitions and will not be released during this period. Commissions may be charged dependant on a particular Gallery’s individual contract. This should be taken into account when pricing your work.
- For promotion, advertising, exhibition catalogue and/or multimedia productions for and about the exhibition Queensland Quilters Inc may use full or detail images and all or part of artist statement supplied.
- The artist is responsible for the cost of postage to Queensland Quilters Inc. Quilts will be returned by Queensland Quilters Inc using regular post and will make use of the original packing materials. Please ensure you use a Post Office approved box.
- Due to the uncertain Covid-19 situation, exhibition and judging opportunities may be affected and could change or need to be flexible.
No photographs of selected entries are to be shown on social media sites before the first showing of this exhibition.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION OF JPEG IMAGES
- Supply of 2 good quality digital images is required; 1 full view showing all edges and 1 detail to be supplied for each quilt.
- Do not send actual artwork at this time.
- Please don’t make each image size larger than 3MB capacity. Professional-level photography is essential for inclusion in any publicity. Please acknowledge the photographer.
- Title each digital image with your last name, the first 2 words of your title and whether it is the full or detail eg SmithYellowFlowerFull and The full view must show all edges of the finished work.
- 27th February, 2021(2QAQ meeting) – ‘Receive by’ date for submission of entry form, entry fee & images.
- Saturday 27th March 2021 (2QAQ meeting) – Delivery deadline for selected quilts.
- Two digital images [full and detail views] of each quilt submitted.
- Online entry form.
- Entry fee paid to Queensland Quilters Inc (BSB: 034002 A/c No: 768617)