STATE of the ART Quilt Exhibition
Showcase Art Quilt Exhibition for members of Queensland Quilters Inc.
Venues: Gympie Regional Art Gallery 26th April- 10May 2019
Balonne Gallery @ Surat 13th July_ 18th August 2019
2Q Quilt Show October 2019
Curator: Lajla Nystad Ph: 07 5533 1170 email@example.com
Entry Coordinator: Fiona Jackson Ph No 0414449047 firstname.lastname@example.org
Juror: Jenny Bacon
Queensland Quilters Inc is proud to announce that Bernina Australia has partnered with us to sponsor our
State of the Art Quilt Exhibition in 2019
First Prize: Bernina 350 PE Sewing Machine (RRP $2199)
Second Prize: $300, Qld Quilters Inc
Third Prize: $200, Qld Quilters Inc
CONDITIONS of ENTRY
- 2QAQ defines an art quilt as a fibre or mixed media piece of 2 layers or more held together in some way. The finished piece needs to be identifiable as a quilt.
- Entry is open to financial members of Queensland Quilters Inc.
- Quilts completed between January 2016 and January 2019 are eligible
- Any topic, any technique.
- Quilts must not have been exhibited previously in a Queensland Quilters Inc. quilt show or 2Q Challenge.
- Quilts must be the original design and sole work of the person whose name appears on the entry form and not a product of a workshop or other instructional setting in which other artists have provided guidance or assistance.
- Cost of entry is: $15 per quilt; maximum 3 entries.
- Online entries only
- Payment as per online entry conditions.
- After the exhibition has been selected by the Juror, two judges will award three prizes. First – Bernina 350 PE Sewing Machine (RRP $2199); Second – $300; Third – $200. Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Delivery and return instructions to be advised.
- Size: Quilt may be of any shape, but the total outside measurement may not be less than 200cm or exceed 600 cm. Multi-panel pieces are acceptable and regarded as one work but must comply with dimensions specified.
- Each piece must be sturdy enough to travel without special requirements. Pieces that have significant 3- dimensional features, embellishments that extend more than 2cm out from the face layer, require special hanging apparatus or are delicate or require special handling will not be selected. Please note that quilts may be folded for transportation purposes.
- Quilts must have a secure label attached with the title, makers name, address and contact phone number.
- Quilts must have a 10cm deep hanging sleeve securely attached to the back. The sleeve must be at least 4cm short of each edge and 3cm from the top of the quilt.
- Queensland Quilters Inc reserve the right to photograph and make images for purposes as it sees fit.
- Insurance, if desired, is the responsibility of the entrant.
- Queensland Quilters Inc. is not liable for any damage or loss of exhibition items however such loss or damage is caused, including any negligent act or omission, fault or cause.
- Work may be for sale. The work must be available for all exhibitions and will not be released during this period. Commissions may be charged dependant on a particular Gallery’s individual contract. This should be taken in to account when pricing your work.
- For promotion, advertising, exhibition catalogue and/or multimedia productions for and about the exhibition Queensland Quilters Inc. may use full or detail images and all or part of artist statement supplied.
- The artist is responsible for the cost of postage to Queensland Quilters Inc. Quilts will be returned by Queensland Quilters Inc. using regular post and will make use of the original packing materials. Please ensure you use a Post Office approved box.
- If a quilt is not selected for this exhibition, the original cannot be entered into any future SOTA Exhibition.
- No photographs of SELECTED entries are to be shown on social media sites before judging has taken place.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION OF JPEG IMAGES
- Supply of digital images is required : 1 full view showing all edges and 1 detail to be supplied for each quilt.
- Do not send actual artwork at this time.
- NO images to be larger than 4MB capacity
- Jury selection is made from the image supplied by the artist
- Professional level photography is essential for inclusion in any publicity. Pleas acknowledge the photographer.
- Title each digital image with your last name, the first 2 words of your title and whether it is full or detail.
- Eg SmithYellowFlowerFull and SmithYellowFlowerDetail
- The full view must show all edges of the finished work.
- Saturday 23rd February 2019
Receive by date for submission of online entry
- Saturday 30th March 2019 (2QAQ meeting)
Delivery deadline for selected quilts
- Two digital (full and detail view) and payment of each quilt submitted on the online entry form.