STATE of the ART Quilt Exhibition
Showcase Art Quilt Exhibition for members of Queensland Quilters Inc.
Exhibition Venues: Boonah Regional Art Gallery (9th June – 15th July); Bundaberg Regional Art Gallery (Jan 21st-Feb 28th 2019)
Curator: Lajla Nystad Ph: 07 5533 1170 email@example.com
Entry Coordinator: Chris Jones Ph: 07 3369 4060 firstname.lastname@example.org
CONDITIONS of ENTRY
- 2QAQ defines an art quilt as a fibre or mixed media piece of 2 layers or more held together in some way. The finished piece needs to be identifiable as a quilt.
- Entry is open to financial members of Queensland Quilters Inc.
- Quilts completed between January 2015 and January 2018 are eligible.
- Any topic, any technique.
- Quilts must not have been exhibited previously in a Queensland Quilters Inc. quilt show or 2Q Challenge.
- Quilts must be the original design and sole work of the person whose name appears on the entry form and not a product of a workshop or other instructional setting in which other artists have provided guidance or assistance.
- Cost of entry is: $15 per quilt; maximum 3 entries.
- Payment is required with the entry form. Payment may be made by cheque/money order payable to Queensland Quilters Inc, direct deposit (Bank Details – BSB:034002 A/c No: 768617) or credit card.
- After the exhibition has been selected by the Juror, two judges will award three prizes. First – Bernina 350 PE Sewing Machine (RRP $2199); Second – $300; Third – $200. Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Delivery and return instructions to be advised.
- Size: Quilt may be of any shape, but the total outside measurement may not be less than 200cm or exceed 600 cm. Multi-panel pieces are acceptable and regarded as one work but must comply with dimensions specified.
- Each piece must be sturdy enough to travel without special requirements. Pieces that have significant 3- dimensional features, embellishments that extend more than 2cm out from the face layer, require special hanging apparatus or are delicate or require special handling will not be selected. Please note that quilts may be folded for transportation purposes.
- Quilts must have a secure label attached with the title, makers name, address and contact phone number.
- Quilts must have a 10cm deep hanging sleeve securely attached to the back. The sleeve must be at least 4cm short of each edge.
- Queensland Quilters Inc reserve the right to photograph and make images for purposes as it sees fit.
- Insurance, if desired, is the responsibility of the entrant.
- Queensland Quilters Inc. is not liable for any damage or loss of exhibition items however such loss or damage is caused, including any negligent act or omission, fault or cause.
- Work may be for sale. The work must be available for all exhibitions and will not be released during this period. Commissions may be charged dependant on a particular Gallery’s individual contract. This should be taken in to account when pricing your work.
- For promotion, advertising, exhibition catalogue and/or multimedia productions for and about the exhibition Queensland Quilters Inc. may use full or detail images and all or part of artist statement supplied.
- The artist is responsible for the cost of postage to Queensland Quilters Inc. Quilts will be returned by Queensland Quilters Inc. using regular post and will make use of the original packing materials. Please ensure you use a Post Office approved box.
- If a quilt is not selected for this exhibition, the original cannot be entered into any future SOTA Exhibition.
- No photographs of entries are to be shown on social media sites before the first showing of this exhibition.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION OF JPEG IMAGES and/or CD
Note that submission of a CD is not required for online entries
- Supply of digital images is required; 1 full view showing all edges and 1 detail to be supplied for each quilt. No slides will be accepted.
- If a CD/USB is supplied with the images, it will not be returned.
- These images can be uploaded with the entry form below.
- Do not send actual artwork at this time.
- Please don’t make each image size larger than 4MB capacity.
- Jury selection is made from the image supplied by the artist.
- Professional-level photography is essential for inclusion in any publicity. Please acknowledge the photographer.
- Title each digital image with your last name, the first 2 words of your title and whether it is the full or detail eg SmithYellowFlowerFull and The full view must show all edges of the finished work.
- If posting an entry CD, also enclose a printed and signed entry form.
- Write your name and quilt titles on the CD.
- 24th February, 2018 (2QAQ meeting) – ‘Receive by’ date for submission of entry form, entry fee, CD of images.
- Saturday 31st March 2018 (2QAQ meeting) – Delivery deadline for selected quilts.
- Two digital images [full and detail views] of each quilt submitted.
- Signed entry form.
- Entry fee paid. Make cheque or money order payable to Queensland Quilters Inc or direct deposit to 2Q (BSB: 034002 A/c No: 768617) or pay online by credit card at www.qldquilters.com.
- Post to – Queensland Quilters Inc. – SOTA18 entry PO Box 2841 Brisbane Qld 4001 if applicable.
- Please allow enough time for delivery prior to the “Receive by ” date.