View the winning quilts from the 2016 Quilt Show
QuiltConnect at Mt Gravatt Show Grounds, 1644 Logan Rd Mt Gravatt, 27th – 29th April: 9.30am – 4.00pm
Exciting, inaugural event – Not to be missed!
Colourful, intricate, inspirational designs by groups of Queensland’s quilters go on display at its first show in Mt Gravatt in April.
- Each affiliated group will display five of their best quilts, to be judged for Best in Show and Best Group in Show.
- Show sponsor, Brother International, is providing prizes of sewing machines and Scan’n’Cut machines.
- Throughout the three days, there will be demonstrations and presentations to help visitors to develop their patchwork and quilting skills.
- There are patchwork and quilted bags to buy and art pieces by award-winning quilters on silent auction.
- Included in the show will be the launch of the 2017 Art Union Quilts, and a lucky door prize and raffle.
- The latest quilting tools and materials will be on sale.
QuiltConnect is on at Mt Gravatt Show Grounds, 1644 Logan Rd Mt Gravatt, from 27th – 29th April, 2017.
See you there!
Online Silent Auction is Closed
The Silent Auction will continue at Quilt Connect.
You will be able to check the closing bids on Thursday and Friday evenings on this page
Instructions for continuing to bid are on the same page. Click here!
Thank you for bidding on our Silent Auction!
Thank you again to our wonderful quilt artists for providing such beautiful art pieces!
Welcome to Queensland Quilters Inc
Queensland Quilters Inc. is a not for profit organisation with the objectives of promoting the art and craft of patchwork and quilting, bringing together people interested in patchwork and quilting, encouraging and maintaining high standards of workmanship and design in both traditional and contemporary work, and organising exhibitions and workshops.
Indigo Workshops with International Master
Bryan Whitehead is a master of stenciling with rice paste and indigo, from Fujino, a vertical mountain village just outside of Tokyo.
He is conducting two 2-day workshops in Brisbane, in July, at the Lavalla Center, 58 Fernberg Rd, Paddington, 4064
- Weekend workshop: 22nd – 23rd July, 2017
- Mid-week workshop: 24th – 25th July, 2017
Workshop Description: “Indigo” with Bryan Whitehead
Size: fabric for a quilt approx. 210cm x 210cm (82″ x 82″) will be dyed.
This wonderful class will begin with an introduction to the stencil history of Japan, with many samples of old stencils and antique indigo dyed pieces being shown and discussed. The process to cut masks in different shapes to make interesting blocks for quilts will be explained and then you will make masks and apply them to your fabric. Indigo vats will be set up during which Bryan will explain the background to making an indigo vat. Your pasted stencil cloth will be dyed and the patterns revealed when the paste is removed. You will also dye different shades of solid blue, to use in your quilt designs. Ideas of how to use your cloth designs in a quilt will be exchanged. This class is suitable for all skill levels.
Both Workshops are now full!
If you wish to put your name on a Wait List, please email Lyn Kenny on firstname.lastname@example.org