Challenge 2024 - Celebrating 40
Any questions, please contact Loretta Parsons [email protected] Ph 07 38414806 mobile 0417522256.
1st Prize – Best Challenge Quilt
|To Be Advised|
|2nd Prize||$250 cash||Qld Quilters Inc.|
|3rd Prize||$150 cash||Qld Quilters Inc.|
|Best Traditional Quilt||$100 cash||Qld Quilters Inc.|
|Viewer’s Choice||$100 cash||Qld Quilters Inc.|
THEME: CELEBRATING 40
Entry Fee: $20
Conditions of Entry
- Entrants must be an individual member of Queensland Quilters (2Q), must be a permanent resident of Queensland OR must have been a financial member since 2022.
- A maximum of 2 entries per entrant.
- There is a theme this year it is CELEBRATING 40
- The size of the finished quilt must be 40cm x 40cm. A tolerance of 1cm in any direction is allowed.
- Any method of construction and any technique or embellishment may be used.
- All quilts must be the total work of the entrant. No hands-on assistance or commercial quilting is allowed.
- A quilt is defined as 3 layers of material held together at regular intervals by stitching. A 10cm deep rod pocket must be securely attached to the top. Quilts must be labelled with the quilt title, maker’s name, address and phone number on the back of the quilt.
- Quilts must not have the entrant’s name on the front.
- The entrant will pay forward postage. Standard return postage, if required, will be paid by 2Q.
- All entries will be held for approximately 18 months for touring and exhibitions.
- 2Q accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage or destruction of quilts however caused, whilst in transit or whilst in our custody. Insurance cover is the responsibility of the entrant.
- 2Q reserves the right to photograph or permit photography of any or all entries for our records, publication or other appropriate purposes.
- The entrant is responsible for obtaining written permission and paying any fee related to the use of copyright material including trademarks. A copy of this permission must accompany the quilt.
- 2Q reserves the right to disqualify any quilt not suitable for hanging.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Closing Date for return of Entry Form is 13th March.
- Closing Date for delivery of quilts is 10th April 2024. Please deliver your quilt to any 2Q gathering or post to GPO BOX 2841 Brisbane 4001.
Challenge 2024 Entry Form