2QMod Challenge 2022
First PRIZE: $300 cash donated by Queensland Quilters Inc.
Second PRIZE: $200 cash donated by Queensland Quilters Inc.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Entrants must be individual financial members of Qld Quilters Inc. To be considered for judging entrants must either be permanent residents of Queensland or attend monthly meetings regularly or have been a continual financial member for more than two previous years. Entrants under 18 years of age are not required to be individual financial members of Qld Quilters Inc., but to be considered for judging they must be permanent residents of Queensland.
- A maximum of 2 entries per entrant may be purchased.
- Entry fee is $15 per quilt.
- This is a themed challenge and is the maker’s interpretation of the subject displayed in their original design. The theme is “MODERN Applique”, with Applique elements as the main focus of the quilt and eligible entries must include in the quilt description how the theme applies to the quilt’s design.
- The size of the finished quilt is to fit within a 90 cm x 90 cm area (The top, rod-pocketed edge must be 90 cm with the remaining edges to be a minimum of 50 cm). A tolerance of 1cm in any direction is allowed.
- Any method of construction and any technique or embellishment may be used in a “Modern” aesthetic.
- All entries must be the total work of the entrant only. No hands-on assistance or commercial quilting is allowed.
- A quilt is defined as 3 layers of material held together at regular intervals by stitching.
- Quilts must have a 10cm deep rod pocket securely attached to the top.
- Quilts must be labelled with the quilt title, the maker’s name, address and phone number on the back.
- Work must not be signed on the front.
- The entrant will pay forward postage. Standard return postage, if required, will be paid by Queensland Quilters Inc.
- All entries will be held for approximately 18 months for touring and exhibitions.
- Queensland Quilters Inc. accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage or destruction of quilts however caused in transit or while in our custody. Insurance cover is the responsibility of the maker.
- Queensland Quilters Inc. reserves the right to photograph or permit photography of any or all entries for our records, publication or other appropriate purposes.
- The entrant is responsible for obtaining written permission and paying any fee related to the use of copyright material including trademarks. A copy of the permission must accompany the quilt.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The 2QMod Sub Committee reserves the right to disqualify any quilt not suitable for hanging.
- Closing date for return of entry form is August 13, 2022.
- Closing date for delivery of entries is September 4, 2022. Please deliver your quilt to any regular 2QMod or Queensland Quilters Inc. meeting or post to GPO Box 2841, Brisbane. 4001.
Any questions, please contact Margot Kitchen [email protected] phone mobile 0400 690 205.
Challenge Proudly Sponsored by
2QMod Challenge Entry form 2022