Each year our members can enter a Quilt Challenge.
Usually it is a fabric challenge where the entry fee includes a Fat Quarter of a specific fabric that they must use to create a quilt. The challenge fabric must make up 20% of the front of the finished quilt but any extra fabric, method of construction, technique or embellishment may be used.
Annually 50-60 challenge quilts are entered by our members, that are held for approx 18 months for touring and exhibitions. They have been shown in exhibitions and galleries in Brisbane, Ipswich, Bribie Island, Roma, Charleville, Warwick and Boonah.
Queensland Quilters Inc is proud to announce that Brother Australia partnered with us to sponsor our 2019 Challenge.
First Prize is the new digital Scan’n’Cut SDX1200 (RRP $799)
Displaying our Gallery Quilts
The quilts are also available to tour to interested groups or galleries.
If you are interested in displaying the Challenge Quilts contact the Challenge Co-ordinator at [email protected]
|Column #1||Column #2||Column #3|
|Column #1||Column #2||Column #3|
The 2019 Challenge will be launched at ….. on .. 2019 and winners will be presented on that day.
Entry Fee: $15 (includes 1 fat quarter of challenge fabric)
Closing Date for Entry Form: 12 March 2019
Closing Date for Quilt delivery: 9 April 2019
Quilt Details: The size of the finished quilt must be 50cm x 70xm and the Challenge Fabric must make up at least 20% of the front of the finished quilt. Any method of construction and any technique or embellishment may be used.
Please contact the Challenge Co-ordinator at [email protected] for further information.
Conditions of Entry
- Entrants must be an individual member of Queensland Quilters Inc. (2Q), must be a permanent resident of Queensland OR must have been a financial member since 2017. Junior entrants (Under 18 years) are not required to be an individual member.
- A maximum of 2 entries per entrant may be purchased.
- The size of the finished quilt must be 50cm x 70cm. A tolerance of 1cm in any direction is allowed.
- The Challenge Fabric must make up at least 20% of the front of the finished quilt, not including binding. (Additional fabric is available for purchase from Fifi’s Fabricology).
- Any method of construction and any technique or embellishment may be used.
- All quilts must be the total work of the entrant only. No hands-on assistance or commercial quilting is allowed.
- A quilt is defined as 3 layers of material held together at regular intervals by stitching. A 10cm deep rod pocket must be securely attached to the top. Quilts must be labelled with the quilt title, maker’s name, address and phone number on the back of the quilt.
- Quilts must not have the entrant’s name on the front.
- The entrant will pay forward postage. Standard return postage, if required, will be paid by 2Q.
- All entries will be held for approximately 18 months for touring and exhibitions.
- 2Q accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage or destruction of quilts however caused, whilst in transit or whilst in our custody. Insurance cover is the responsibility of the entrant.
- 2Q reserves the right to photograph or permit photography of any or all entries for our records, publication or other appropriate purposes.
- The entrant is responsible for obtaining written permission and paying any fee related to the use of copyright material including trademarks. A copy of this permission must accompany the quilt.
- 2Q reserves the right to disqualify any quilt not suitable for hanging.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Closing Date for return of Entry Form is 12 March 2019.
- Closing Date for delivery of quilts is 9 April 2019. Please deliver your quilt to any 2Q gathering or post to GPO BOX 2841 Brisbane 4001.