Bundaberg Quilters Inc 30th Anniversary Sat 17th June 2017
“Thank you to the Bundaberg Quilters for making me feel so welcome at their 30th Anniversary celebrations. This group was keen to focus on their history and how far they had come, the present group and the wonderful work it is doing in the community, and looking ahead to the future thinking about how patchwork and quilting will be practiced 30 years from now.
A great deal of thought and effort went into the demonstrations and displays and the hall was buzzing with lots of chat, friends catching up and sharing stories.” Judie Bellingham
- Queensland Quilters’ President, Judie Bellingham, was invited to open the Anniversary day.
- Bundaberg Quilters Inc was officially formed 20 June 1987.
- Logo: Quilting Forever – Housework whenever
- Affiliated with 2Q
- A sign: Quilters are: Feminine & formidable fantastic faculty of fabulous fabric fondlers!!!
- New initiative – Basic Patchwork & Quilting Classes being introduced. Using a popular “reference” book with kind permission from the author. Encouraging 20-30 year olds to learn the art of patchwork and quilting.
- Membership is $30 per year.
- The Bundaberg Quilters have a huge store of tools and resources for use by its members including a Sweet Sixteen long arm sewing machine, quilting rulers, rotary cutters and boards.
- Bundaberg Quilters have an extensive library for their members which is culled regularly and always contains up to date and recent publications.
- The Men’s shed made hanging stands for the Boomerang bag which the BQ make. They already have 5 outlets in Bundy offering these bags. (Plastic bags will be mandatorily banned by the Qld Government in 2018)
- Aussie Hero Quilts and Laundry bags are frequently donated by BQ. Here’s an idea: Use Aussie teatowels on the front of the laundry bags.
- TAG – Textile Art Group had a wonderful display of quilts and amazing creations. This is a very active art quilt group and they showcased the wide and varied skills they have developed over the years.
- An exhibition of “0” birthday quilts.
- Congratulations to Sandra Sullivan, Margaret Brady and the fantastic team at BQ for a really interesting and delightful day celebrating this dynamic group of quilters.